Domain name servers – DNS are the internet equivalent of a phone book. They maintain a directory of domain names and translate them to internet protocol (IP) address. This is necessary because, although domain names are easy for people to remember, computer or machine, access website based on IP addresses.
1.List of domain in the World
• .com represent the word commercial, and is the most widely used extension in the world. Most business prefer a .com domain name because it is highly recognize symbol for having a business presences on the internet. http://teachtechnical.com/2019/01/08/list-of-internet-domain-extension-and-what-they-mean/ (opens in a new tab)
• .net represent the word network and is most commonly used by internet service provider, web-hosting companies or other business that are directly involved in the infrastructure of the internet. This is why “Dr. Bill bailey. Net” is called .NET since we are a web site hosting service.https://wp.me/pawmDN-66 Additionally, some business choose domain names with a .net extension for their intranet website.
• .Org represent the word organization and is primarily used by non-profit group or trade associate. It is also used by Non-profit ministries, and is very widely know and is very widely know and accepted.
• .big is used for small business web site.
• .info is for credible resource web site and signifies resource web site. It the most popular extension beyond .com, .net and .org.
There are some restrictions under some specialized sub-domains:
• .in – Available to anyone, used by companies, individual and organization in india
• .co.in – Originally for banks, registered companies and trademark
• .in – Available to anyone, used by companies, individual and organization in india.
• .co.in – Originally for banks registered companies and trademark.
• .firm.in – Originally for shop partnership liaison office, sole proprietorship.
• .net.in – Originally for internet service provider
• .org.in – Originally for non-profit organization
• .gen.in – Originally for general miscellaneous use
• .ind.in – Originally for individual
Six zones are Reserved for use by qualified organization in india
• .edu.in – Education institutions
• .res.in – Indian research institutes
• .gov.in – Indian government
• .mil.in – Indian military
• .nic.in – Reserved for india National Informatics Center, but in practice most Indian government agencies have domain with this extension.
• .ac.in – Academic institutions
Sample Internet Application Connection
• Electronic mail
• file transfer, sharing
• Social network (fb. LinkedIn. Twitter)
• on-line search resources distribution, hosting
• video streaming, Game
Advantage of internet
• Communication: we can communicate with the people living far away from is with extreme ease. It is used for chatting, email and video conferencing etc.
• Information: The biggest advantage that internet offering is information. The internet has made it easy for anyone to access information and it can be of any type. Any kind of information on any topic is available on the internet.
• Entertainment: On internet we can find all forms of entertainment from watching films to playing games online. Almost anyone can find the right kind of entertainment for themselves. When people surf the web, there are numerous thing that can be found
• Services: many service are now provided on the the internet such as online banking job seeking, purchasing ticket for your favorite movies and guidance service on array of topic in the every aspect of life and hotel reservation and bill paying. Often these service are not available off-line and can cost you more.
• Shopping: In today busy life most of us are interested to shop online. Now a day almost anything can be bought with the use of internet. Most of consumer prefer to shop from home.
Disadvantage of internet
• Personal Information Theft: if you use the internet, your personal information such as your name, address, etc. Can be accessed by other people. If you use a credit card to shop online, then your credit card information can also be stolen which could be akin to giving someone blank check.
• Pornography: This is a very serious issue concerning the internet especially when it comes to young children. There are thousand of pornography site on the internet that can be easily found and can be a detriment to letting children use the internet.
• Spamming: This refers to sending unsolicited e-mails in bulk, which serve no purpose and unnecessarily up the entrie system.